Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Humble Prediction: Fill Up on Election Day

Now, I want to start by declaring that I am independent of any political party at this point in my life. Four years in the Army left me with some pretty conservative values, and going to war twice for the Bush administration left me an utter hatred for the oil trade. So I don't really fit in to either major party.

However, I have been noticing a trend, and it's not as subtle as it was in 2000 or 2004. The best day to buy gas this year will be November 4th. Mark my words. In the last six weeks, the price of gas has gone down almost $1.40/gal at the Exxon near my house. I'm guessing that by election day it will be a shade under two dollars.

Granted, I don't have anything scientific to back this up, but living in Laurel I am a slave to my automobile and I am always on the lookout for the best time to fill the tank. Take that for what it's worth.

No comments: